|Bill/Fleur Last Drabble Writer Standing|
|""What do I care how 'e looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!"|
- Fleur Delacour
Salut, and welcome to bwfd_ldws, a drabble writing community that focuses on the relationship between everyone's favorite quarter-Veela, Fleur Delacour, and that sexy cursebreaker of a man, Bill Weasley! We scoured the wilds of LiveJournal, searching days and nights (actually, it was more like two hours) for a Bill/Fleur LDWS community, only to come up with naught but despair and shattered hopes.
So, we decided to rectify that. Thus, bwfd_ldws was born!
What's a LDWS, you ask?
Well, its a drabble writing competition in which the strong are awarded and the weak are poked with sharp sticks! Actually, every week competitors submit a drabble in response to a prompt we (the mods) provide. Then, the masses (you) read and vote on their offerings and decide their fate. At the end of the week, one person will be crowned king (or queen) of the challenge, Mod's Choice, and one writer will, sadly, be voted off the island. This then begins all over again for the next week and continues until there is ONLY ONE.
And what do the writers get for this grueling task?
ETERNAL GLORY! Also, banners will be awarded to first-place winners and moderator's choice for each challenge. Additionally, each participant voted off will receive a participant's banner. Therefore, everyone gets a shiny! Oh, and I guess the Last Drabble Writer Standing might get something too. ;)
If you would like to affiliate with us, please leave a comment here, or e-mail us at email@example.com!
Follow us on Twitter for updates, reminders and announcements!
Bienvenue, and happy drabbling!
fiery_flamingo & leigh_adams
P.S. A HUGE thank you to hcwsketchblog for letting us use her fantastic art for our header and banners for this round. :D
1. Please, respect everyone in the community. Flames will not be tolerated.
2. Membership is open! No waiting, join today!
3. NO HOTLINKING. Save banners to your own places, people. Photobucket and Tinypic are your friends.
4. You do not need to be a Member to vote on LDWS drabbles. The more the merrier! Tell your friends!
1. To compete in the contest, you must be a Member of the community.
2. To participate in a round, writers must sign-up at the beginning of the round.
3. We will cap the number of participants for each round at ten.
4. LDWS drabbles must remain anonymous until after the results for that challenge are posted. This ensures fairness in voting. Please, DO NOT post them to personal journals or communities beforehand or share among your friends. You ARE allowed one Beta but they better be able to keep a secret. Failure to comply to this rule will result in DISQUALIFICATION and possibly BANNING from the community.
5. Challenges will be issued on Thursday.
6. LDWS drabble challenges will come with prompts and word limits specified. All ratings are welcome.
7. Drabbles are due by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. GMT.
8. Editing submitted drabbles is permitted as long as it happens before the Sunday night deadline. Please, leave another comment to the challenge post alerting the mods of the change. This is for spelling errors and minor corrections, not for submitting an entirely different drabble.
9. Voting begins on Monday and ends on Tuesday at midnight. This gives an approximately 48-hour reading period.
10. Every contestant must vote with each challenge but cannot vote for themselves.
11. Contestants get one "skip" each Round to use at their discretion. It cannot be used in the first or semifinal (4 contestants and onward) challenges, however.
12. Writing Fleur with an accent is NOT required but if you choose to manu86 has put together a Guide to Dialects and Accents in HP. Feel free to take a peek!
13. To show that you've read the rules, please include the phrase "Double, double, toil and trouble" in your sign-up post.
Profile Layout|Journal Layout|Banner & Header Art